The Plight of the Post-Doc

4.02.2010

The latest in lab fashion

Today was my birthday (NO FOOLING), and I officially have the coolest boyfriend anywhere, because he got me this:

Namaste.

He chose the Pearl Station patch because it's where Dharma researchers purportedly observe, record, and report the behavior of the button-pushers in the Swan Station, much like I observe, record, and report the behavior of my rats.  However, as we learn in the final episodes of Season 2 ("Live Together/Die Alone"), the reports actually just end up in a big pile in the middle of the island somewhere, never to be read.  Much like my papers, but the island in this metaphor is PubMed, or the internet or something.

10 comments:

Comrade PhysioProf said...

I have no idea what the fuck teevee show or whatever you are alluding to, but it does look like a symbol for the morris water maze.

Prof-like Substance said...

Happy birthday, a day late.

Fia said...

OMG, I am so jealous! Happy birthday!

Aileen said...

Neat! Happy birthday!

LabMom said...

I <3 lost! I love it! Happy Birthday!

Candid Engineer said...

W00t!! Happy (late) birthday, Dr. Becca. :)

Zen Faulkes said...

Ping!

Matt said...

Oh shit, I forgot your birthday! Which I'm supposed to remember because it's the same weekend as my anniversary... except L. and I forgot our anniversary too this year, until the last moment. Anyway, happy birthday!

CellPerseus said...

It's a great gift! Maybe someday I'll get one like it (from a different station perhaps).

(Liked your thoughts on the whole Glam Mag v/s a comfy niche dilemma by the way)

unknown said...

Awesome lab coat - don't forget to push the button! CPP its from the show LOST! And Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment