The Plight of the Post-Doc

11.09.2010

Cross-posted from LabSpaces.

Wow, you guys. Just wow.  In all my wildest dreams I never imagined this DonorsChoose.org campaign would be so successful! But after nearly a month, LabSpaces is in 4th place in the Science Bloggers for Students Challenge, and it's all because of you! Our pet project, "Oh! Rats!" got fully funded several weeks ago, which means that I'm delivering on my promise to you--an original cocktail inspired by and named after a donor who gave through my Giving Page, and a video of me making said cocktail.
The winner was chosen randomly by a party blind to the identity of those eligible, and then I experimented a bit until I felt I'd come up with a concoction that really channeled the spirit of this winner. The video was made this afternoon with the help of some lovely friends and several rounds of mimosas.
Now, please forgive the low sound quality, as we only had a regular camera's video recorder to work with, plus it was my first time editing a video of any kind, so some of the cuts may be, shall we say, less than smooth. Also there's sort of a gratuitous ass shot because I forgot to get a glass out before starting, but hopefully that won't be too painful. Oh and yes, there are costume changes. I couldn't help myself.
And now.....the DonorsChoose.org Cocktail Contest Winner!



Thanks again to everyone who donated! Cocktail or not, you all helped kids get a better education, and that is just awesome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job

Post a Comment